Thursday, August 1, 2013

About Me

Hello!  My name is Chanda, welcome to my blog!  I have decided to revive my blog after not writing for over a year.  My new focus here will be about preparing for our big move out of the suburbs and into the country (and I have a lot to learn along the way!).

I am the mother of 2 fun kids, Alex, 8, and Cara, 6.  My husband is Damien, currently a restaurant manager.  I work as a teaching assistant, hoping to have my own classroom in the near future!

As if work and kids are not enough, I will be starting my Master's degree this fall, taking over a 1st grade class for the second half of the year as a long term sub, and listing our current house for sale hopefully by March.  I am currently in the process of deep cleaning our house so that hopefully, when it comes time to get the house ready to sell, it will be a little easier since I will have quite enough on my plate!  And hopefully our house will sell quickly so we can find a nice little country home.

And just because I am not in the country yet does not mean I will not be learning some ways to be more self sufficient for our family in the meantime!  My garden might be small and everything else will be on a smaller scale than when we move, but there is no time like the present to start learning things such as canning and properly freezing my own veggies.

Most of my photos will be taken with my iPhone, those little buggers are so much more convenient than my little Rebel XT.  I love photography, but I am usually in a hurry, so iPhone it is!

I look forward to writing more and hearing from you!


And yes, this photo was taken with my iPhone, a very rare selfie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations