Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 1 of the 3 Day Refresh Completed!

It was not as bad as I thought it could be, but part of that was because I was ready for a change!  I have been eating crap for weeks now and I am ready for that change.  Was I hungry during some points in the day, yes.  Especially at the end of the day because that is when I tend to eat and eat and eat.  I know myself and that my body will adjust and I am ready for Day 2 today.  But first, a little about the program from Day 1 (every day is pretty much the same schedule, but you can mix up which veggies and fruits you eat as long as it is on the approved list of foods in the program guide).

First thing when you wake up, it is time to drink at least 8 ounces of water to get your system going.  After waking up and drinking some water, it is time for a Shakeology.  I did not realize when I ordered, but Beachbody recommends the vegan option of Shakeology.  I probably would have ordered that if I had realized, but I went with the regular chocolate Shakeology and enjoyed it.  I mixed it with water, ice, and 1/2 of a banana.  An hour after Shakeology, you do have the option of having an unsweetened morning tea. 

I am not a fan of unsweet tea hot or cold, so I skipped this and waited 2 hours after my Shakeology to try out the Fiber Sweep.  I was dreading it all morning because I just had a feeling it was not going to be a nice taste like one of the shakes... and I was right!  That is some nasty stuff.  I mixed the Fiber Sweep with the 8 ounces of water it calls for.  I had read that I needed to drink it fast as it thickens up as time goes on (YUCK!).  I tried to drink as much as possible in my first gulp; it tasted like gritty, very watered down, lemon flavored tea.  The grittiness got me, I almost wanted to gag.  But I took another swig of the stuff and held down the urge to gag.  With each drink, I could tell it was thickening up and after drinking about 3/4 of it, I had to quit.  Today, I am hoping I get more drank with the first gulp so hopefully I can finish it all.  I paid a lot of money for this yuckiness, I want to be able to drink it all!

An hour later, I could finally have some lunch.  I made the Vanilla Fresh shake without any fruit since that is how I would have to drink it at dinner time as well, but I mixed it with some ice.  It actually was okay.  I had a hard time with it mixing correctly in my blender for some reason, but it mixed well enough that I could drink it with a straw.  Then I could have 2 small plums as my fruit, then I had baby carrots with hummus.  The carrot portion felt quite small and I had a lot of hummus left over, but I just scooped it up with a spoon and ate it because this was a much smaller lunch than I am used to.  An hour later I was able to have another vegetable and healthy fat, which I chose 10 pods of snow peas and 2 tablespoons of avocado.  I did not eat them together, as I like plain old avocado, otherwise it seems like an odd pairing, I know!  Again, you can have an afternoon tea an hour after this, but I chose not too and waited a few hours to eat dinner because we had a busy late afternoon/early evening.

For dinner, I got another Vanilla Fresh shake with ice, my blender worked much better this time (it seemed that the first time the small ice chips that were blended got stuck all around the blades make it tough for the blades to properly mix the rest).  I chose the spinach salad from the dinner recipes list.  It was a big salad when I got everything in the bowl, in fact, I had to switch to a bigger bowl when I realized I had no room to toss in the original bowl I had out.  I liked the veggies for the salad, but this salad only called for some lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to dress it in.  By the time I was getting to the bottom of the bowl, I was not enjoying the taste of the lemon juice.  I ate it anyways because I knew I would be pretty hungry as I am used to eating a lot in the evening and night.  After the salad, I heated up a mug of vegetable broth in the microwave and drank it.  Of course, an hour later you can have an evening tea, but I chose against that.

Since I needed to drink around 80 ounces of water (the amount of water is based on half my weight in ounces, so I should actually be doing 81 ounces), I still had 32 more ounces to drink after dinner!  I hope I spread it out better today, because I had to get up a couple of times in the middle of the night to pee.

Yesterday I started out at 162 pounds in the morning (Yoyoing with Weight).  This morning I weighed myself at 160.  I know most that is lost with the 3 Day Refresh is water weight, but I feel I will at least have that over with when I start the 21 Day Fix.  Yesterday I did the Stretch video from Beachbody's T25.  Today and tomorrow I plan on walking.  It is recommended not to push yourself with extreme exercise during the 3 Day Refresh.

Have you ever done a cleanse for your body?  What type was it?  Did you find it beneficial? 

No comments:

Post a Comment


©2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations